HEALTH BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS
It is the universal truth that Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in various cultures for medicinal and health purposes. Due to the numerous health benefits of essential oils, they are increasingly being explored by the scientific community for the treatment of a variety of diseases including cancer, HIV, asthma, bronchitis, heart strokes, and many more. There are more than 90 essential oils, and each has its own health benefits. Most essential oils blend well with other essential oils in terms of function and odor, which allows herbalists and holistic practitioners to prepare a vast repertoire of aromatic essential oil combinations. Essential oil uses range from aromatherapy, household cleaning products, personal beauty care and natural medicine treatments.
Essential oils are extracted directly from the bark, flower, fruit, leaf, seed or root of a plant or tree, and just one drop can have powerful health benefits. They are typically created through the process of distillation, which separates the oil and water-based compounds of a plant by steaming.
The following are just a few health benefits of some of IGY essential oils:-
1. Lavender oil can alleviate insomnia. Sprinkle a few drops on your pillow to help you fall asleep.
2. Mix coconut oil, shea butter, magnesium oil and essential oils for moisturizing body lotion.
3. Combine coconut oil, beeswax and lavender oil for an amazing healing balm for chapped lips.
4. To help relieve anxiety, try using a single drop of lavender oil on your hands, rub together, and cup your hands to your nose to let the smell flood your senses.
5. Use a few drops of cedar wood or lavender oil, mixed with an unscented lotion during a relaxation massage.
6. It has been claimed that essential oils help induce numbness, relieve pain, relax the body and mind, add color to the skin, and stimulate various other functions.
7. Essential oils help relax spasms, reduce gases, purify the blood, promote perspiration, improve digestion, increase urination, and remove toxins. Angelica essential oil is also good for liver and stomach, relieves obstructed menstruation, expels phlegm & catarrh, reduces fever, cures nervous disorders, and tones the body.
8. Many essential oils are commonly employed to treat rheumatism & arthritis, protect against infections, relax spasms, act as purgatives, remove gases, warm the body, clear congestion, and ease breathing. Furthermore, some practitioners use anise essential oil to facilitate digestion, expel phlegm & catarrh, kill & repel insects, worms, and lice, as well as to relieve nervous afflictions.
9. Bay essential oil protects against septic, inhibits microbial growth, gives relief from neuralgia pain, relaxes spasms, provides pain relief, increases appetite, tightens gums & muscles, and helps stop hair loss. Other applications of bay essential oil have been used for the treatment of hemorrhage, promotion of bile secretion, relief of obstructed menstruation, and reduction of fever. This essential oils also kills & repels insects, sedates inflammations & nervous afflictions, and is good for the stomach, while increasing perspiration & elimination of excess toxins in the body.
No comments yet.